Monday, June 21, 2010

Fairfield Dairy Howick MTB Super Classic

Hello

So you would think after a bit of MTB training at the cascades provincial XC track i would be ready to race a MTB race properly. Wow how wrong was i!

The morning of the race i wake up feeling great and ready to race. All the top riders were at the Nelspruit national so i really thought i had a good chance to do well. I knew i had the fitness because in the previous week i did really well at track and i had been riding well at Cascades.

As the race started my legs were just not on the same page as my mindset. I had warmed up but it felt as if i didn't. My legs were heavy and stiff. As the race progressed it didn't get much better. The next 25km was living hell as every other rider passed me. I was trying so hard but my legs just got heavy and my cadence slowed down. I got so angry!

As i hit the single track at the end i started riding better and really started moving. I gave it horns, catching a lot of riders and riding fast and fearless. The single track that i had trained on in the previous week at Cascades really payed off here. Single track is usually my weak point, but i actually managed to drop a few riders flying thought the trees.

All in all personally it wasn't a good race and i really need to learn how to ride grass and rocks.
But from the events point of view it was amazing. The vibe at Howick High school was awesome, the course was well marked and with the carefully planned schedule, it turned out being a huge success.

Cheers
Adriaan


No comments:

Post a Comment